Most beautiful mosques in the world: Muslims all over the world have a special place and sentiments for mosques. People from different cast and creeds, colors and races, stand together joining feet, bow down in front of their Lord. It’s a place of unity and surreal peace.
There are a lot of beautiful mosques in different parts of the world. Let’s find out.
List of the Most Beautiful Mosques
1. Masjid Al Haram, Saudia Arabia
Masjid al Haram was built by Prophet Ibrahim(AAS) with the help of his son Ismail(AAS) on Allah’s instructions.
• Known to be the largest mosque in the world accommodating 900,000 pilgrims at on time.
• The black stone (Hajr e Aswad) is directly descended from heaven and is considered very sacred by Muslims.
• There are 210 gates in the grand mosque of Makkah and each of the gates is named after the famous personalities.
• It has four floors.
• Thassos is a special kind of marble imported from Greece and is used in the making of the floors of the grand mosque. This is the reason the floor of the mosque remains cool even in scorching sunlight.
2. Masjid e Nabwi, Saudi Arabia
This mosque has great importance in Islam as the last prophet Muhammad(PBUH) is resting here.
• Built by the Holy Prophet (PBUH) himself.
• It has a capacity of accommodating 600,000 people at a time.
• It has 10 beautiful minarets.
• There are 4 graves laid in Masjid e Nabwi including the prophets and the great caliphs of Islam.
• Since there is no roof over the courtyard of the mosque, it is covered with huge umbrellas to protect the people from the scorching sun. These umbrellas are open to about 143,000 square meters and cover the majority of the portion of the mosque.
3. Shaikh Zayed Mosque, UAE
Beautifully constructed, the Shaikh Zayed Mosque has an architecture made with pearl white hue. The mosque is pillared with stones and bricks collected from different parts of the world.
• It’s the only mosque with the highest number of domes with the tip of gold, which makes it beautiful and quite appealing to the eyes.
• It has a soothing and peaceful atmosphere. Palm trees and white marble stones surround the mosque.
• The mosque’s construction was quite expensive as the stones and marble used in it are collected from different countries.
• Non-Muslims are not restricted from entering the mosque. However, they have different timings in which they can visit this beautiful mosque.
4. Faisal Mosque, Pakistan
Built in the capital city of Pakistan, Faisal mosque can be seen from a great distance because of its huge minarets. It’s a masterpiece and one of the major tourist spots.
• General Zia Ul Haq is buried in the courtyard of the mosque.
• It has a huge chandelier in the center which gains the attention of the tourists.
• Surrounded by the trees and hills of Islamabad, Faisal mosque is built in the center of the city.
You should also review these Best Islamic Quotes About Mosques With Beautiful Images.
5. Blue Mosque, Turkey
The blue stones and tiles are used in the mosque’s construction, which is why it is known as The Blue Mosque. Another name for it is Sultan Ahmed Mosque.
• The mosque has a huge number of windows that have intricate designs on them.
• It’s constructed on the top of the hill and its view is amazing.
• It has a beautiful fountain in the center of the mosque which enhances the beauty even more.
6. Al Fateh Grand Mosque, Bahrain
Al Fateh was the conqueror of Bahrain and the construction of this mosque was held in his honour.
• Located in the prime location of Bahrain.
• The mosque contains a library in it with more than 7000 books.
• The dome of the mosque has significance as it is constructed using a strong composite called fiberglass.
• The mosque has a beautiful chandelier in the middle.
7. Crystal Mosque, Malaysia
One of the most visited mosques in the territory of Malaysia. Beautifully constructed; it envisions peace and unity.
• It is constructed with glass, steel and crystal. So the mosque is different from an architectural point of view.
• Quite spacious and can accommodate upto 1500 people at a time.
• Most of the part of the mosque is used by people for wedding shoots.
• River passes by and it makes an eye-catching view from inside of the mosque as it’s made with glass.
If you’re fond of traveling, do go through these Top Muslim Countries You Should Visit.
8. Badshahi Mosque, Pakistan
Located in the heart of the city, the Badshahi mosque is built on a large hectare of land.
• The red sandstones are used in making the exterior of the mosque which adds beauty to it.
• It can accommodate 100,000 people at a time.
• The mosque looks beautiful at night as the minarets are lightened up and can be seen from a distance.
9. Pink Mosque, Malaysia
Putrajaya Mosque is also known as pink mosque because the stones and marbles used in its construction are pink in color.
• The mosque was named after the president of Malaysia, Putra Al Haj.
• It can accommodate upto 10,000 people at a time.
• It has 12 pillars.
• It has a huge library with a great number of books.
• It has a dining area as well.
10. Umayyad Mosque, Syria
This mosque is close to the heart of the Muslims as it is considered to be the oldest mosque of ancient times.
• The mosque is next to the Barada river.
• It has a large spread courtyard.
• Roof of the mosque is wooden.
• The interior is very eye-catching.
It would be any Muslim dream to visit these most beautiful mosques. These esteemed places of worship are a sign that World Wide Muslims are keen to practice their religion in a beautiful manner. Mosques have a great impact on Muslims to come closer to Allah and remember their Lord humbly. Therefore, people should always follow the prohibitions of the mosque and respect it.