Hazrat Umar Bin Khattab R.A The most powerful second Caliph Umar Bin Khattab born on 579 AD was the close companion of Hazrat Muhammad PBUH. The name title Al Farooq suggests his influential justice, meaning ‘the one who distinguishes between right and wrong’. He is well known with strong administrative skills in the history. A great ruler, scholar, judicious and above all a great reformer are the best personality traits that made him to be Al Farooq. Hazrat Umar R.A was one of the few literate person in the Qureshi tribe.
If the knowledge of Umar was put on one side of a scale, and the knowledge of the people on the other side of the scale, Umar’s knowledge would weigh more. Al-Mustadrak
Physically he was a strong person with tall stature. He used to travel long distances on his feet without any problem. He had great athletic abilities and was famous for horse-riding skills. Muhammad PBUH said about Umar R.A
If there was a Prophet after me,indeed he would be Umar, Son of Khattab. Tirmidhi
Regarding his incomparable fearlessness and confidence,Hazrat Muhammad PBUH wished for his Islam embracement. Abdullah ibn Abbas R.A narrated,
O Allah, strengthen Islam with Abu Jahl bin Hisham or Umar bin Khattab.’ In the morning Umar went to the Holy Prophet PBUH and embraced Islam. Tirmidhi
He embraced Islam at the hands of Hazrat Muhammad PBUH. So Muhammad PBUH honored him as most influential strengthening person among Muslims. Abdullah R.A narrated Mhammad PBUH said
We have become mighty since Umar became Muslim. Bukhari
He was given the title Al-Farooq by Hazrat Muhammad PBUH due to his courage and fortitude powers. The Holy Prophet PBUH reported on his fearlessness character
I see that devil either from humans or jinn, runs away from Umar. Tirmidhi
Famous Saying of Hazrat Umar Bin Khattab RA
During his reign Hazrat Umar Bin Khattab R.A set up justice courts, Bait ul Maal and provision of funds, postal services, allocation of larger territories into provinces for equal resources, allotment of stipends for minorities, enlargement of the Masjid ul Haram, starting Taraweeh in Ramadan. Under his Charity social system there did not exist even a single beggar. He made the Muslim Calendar and counted it from the migration year. Expansion of Muslims to the far off places beyond Arabia boundaries, and conquests of Damascus, Rome, Persia, Iraq, Iran and Jerusalem, Egypt etc are his major achievements. Under his command Muslims had expanded and conquered 22, 00,000 square miles. In 23 A.H, Hazrat Umar (R.A) was martyred as a result of assassination when he was praying in the mosque. As per his wish he is buried next to Hazrat Muhammad PBUH. May Allah grant Muslim community a ruler just like him again, Ameen. We have enlisted some famous quotes and sayings by the great judicious, ruler and reformer Hazrat Umar Bin Khattab. I hope you will seek guidance through these famous sayings.
- Doing good for a good done to you is simply repayment, whereas doing good for an evil done to you is a tremendous virtue.
- There is no goodness in the people who don’t give advice, and there is no goodness in the people who don’t like to be advised.
- I wish you knew what I have in my heart for you. But, there is no way for you to know except my actions.
- The bonds of Islam will be undone one by one when there will be a generation brought up in Islam who do not know what Jahiliyah is.
- Sit with those who constantly repent, for they have the softest hearts.
- May Allah bless the man who says less and does more.
- I am not a fool but I pretend to be a fool in order to fool the fool. And just when the fool thinks I am a fool, I will expose the fool and show him that he is the fool.
- Patience is the healthiest ingredient of our life.
- Seek knowledge and along with it dignity, tranquility and humility.
- Stick the truth even if the truth kills you.
- Trust is that there should be no difference between what you do and say and what you think.
- Be not of those who curse iblis in public yet obey in private.
- If your supplication is sincere, the answer will come will it.
- We judge people by what is apparent and leave their inner secrets to Allah.
- Verily, we were a disgraceful people and Allah honored us with Islam, so if we seek honor from other than Islam, then Allah will humiliate us.
- The wisest among you is he whose sustenance is the fear of Allah.
- When a man puts me a question, I judge of his intelligence.
- Whosoever shows you your faults is your friend. Those that pay you lip service in praise are your executioners.
- The wisest man is he who can account for his actions.
- The less of the world, the freer you live.
- To be alone means you avoid bad company. But to have a true friend is better than being alone.
- This is a place (Ka’abah) where there are many lessons to be learnt and a place where supplications are accepted.
- The women not a garment you wear and undress however you like. They are honored and have their rights.
- If your spouse is angry then you should be calm. When one is fire, the other should be water.
- May Allah show mercy on the man who shows me my fault.
- Get used to a rough life, for luxury doesn’t last forever.
- What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips.
- Let not your love become attachment, nor your hate become destruction.
- Don’t be fooled by one who recites the Quran, for his recitation is but speech. Instead look at those act accordingly to it.
- Allah loves moderation and hates extravagance and excess.
- I thought of all types of wealth, but couldn’t find a better wealth than contentment in a little.
- The most important of your affairs in my view is prayer; whoever prays regularly has protected his faith, but whoever neglects it, is bound to be more negligent in other issues of faith.
- If you see that someone has slipped, correct him, pray for him and don’t help Shaytān against him (by insulting him).
- No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying (anxiety) can change the future.
- There is no relationship between Allah and anyone except through obedience to Him.
- When you see that any scholar loves the world, then his scholarship is in doubt.
- The best way to defeat someone is to beat him at politeness.
- Some times the people with the worst past create the best future.
- I fear of the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood & and Muslims are shy of their faith.
- Do not grieve over what has passed unless it makes you work harder for what is about to come.
70+ Famous Quotes Images of Umar Bin Khattab R.A
30+ Imam Ghazali’s Quotes That Every Muslim Should Know
20+ Best Quotes from Imam Hazrat Ali & Sayings In English
70+ Sayings And Quotes of Umar Bin Khattab
Omar a great legend of Islam. may Allah continues his Marcy upon him
This great and inspiring. May Allah be please with Hazrat Umar Alfarouq
Salam from Kuala Lumpur.
Thanks brother for sharing
Hazrat Umar RA quotes. I have built a small musolla in the village and name it after Umar radhiallahu anhu. May Allah be pleased with him.